thank you for all the well-wishes. I am feeling better. I have been spending lazy evenings curled up on the couch or in bed watching tv and finishing a book. I was reading this true crime novel about the monster of florence, a serial killer who murdered couples making love in cars in the outskirts of florence, italy (mental note to self: don’t go around doing that during trip to tuscany). it’s pretty good book, an interesting read but definitely a bit grisly.
the book had stuck some paranoia in me. lately, I’ve been identifying creepers and potential murderers everywhere: man at the top of the subway entrance appeared to be holding something very suspicious (which turned out to be his cell phone); korean dude pacing by the stoplight looked a bit disturbed, and that guy with the waist length hair gave me the most ominous smile... I really thought something was to happen to me in broad daylight, on a very busy street, within the five minute walk from the subway to home...
in the moments between getting off work and daniel coming home, when there is still ample light streaming into the condo, I like to play around with alexis. there’s been some new additions to the unit and no loss for subjects to photograph.
+ there is this little florist at finch station that sells very cheap flowers. they had some beautiful jewel-toned dahlias in, but I opted for the less expensive mums. what are mums exactly? is it short for chrysanthemum? I do not know these things.
+ that is my new gemstone globe, purchased on the cruise, that sits beside the bouquet of flowers. it’s very pretty and each country is made from a different gemstone.
I bought it mainly because everyone else in the family had a souvenir but me. yes, I can be childish like that.
when crossing the border, the border guard was bemused that we had spent less than $50 during our week down south. “and on a globe?” he asked, astonished. another customs person teased my dad for being cheap; that family of four had $50 of goods altogether.
+ my herbs died. I forgot to water them. in my defense, the dining room curtains were down, covering the sill in which my pots sat upon. out of sight, out of mind... okay, that’s not a very good justification.
+ I finally went grocery shopping and filled the fridge with fruits and vegetables. lots of it. the inside of the fridge is now a pretty blend of yellows, reds and greens.
I like arranging fruits and vegetables on this cake stand I have. I found the cake stand in some antique store in port perry last year. it was made in the 1920s and I don’t know much about its history, but it is a cute little stand.
+ and lastly, did you know that home outfitters accepts coupons from bath, bed and beyond? we used one to buy a small ottoman for the living room a couple weeks ago. sometimes, if you’re lucky, home outfitters also accepts photocopied/printed versions of the bath, bed and beyond coupons. that’s how we got our four dining room chairs, parson chairs covered in a linen like textile. it shimmers in the light, quite pretty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
so they're also used to brew "gook fa cha"?
yah... I should hang up my photos...
Post a Comment