cruise vacation recap

here are some cruise pictures:


I had lots of pina coladas. with mangoes, with strawberries, as is, with lotsa rum, with no rum, in a cup that lights up, in a coconut. I love this cocktail drink.


I also ate. a lot. my dear husband average 1.5 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts for dinner- daily. there were a couple of times where we all went to the cafeteria for a second dinner after the first in the main dining room. we almost had more meals than a hobbit.




in key west we rented bikes and rode around the city in the rain, dried up in seconds when the sun came out, and visited the southernmost point of in the continental united states. we visited the souvenir shops and had key lime pie (which I do not like).



in cozumel we joined a jeep tour and rode around punta eco park. the park consisted of a small mayan ruin, a freshwater bay where crocodiles reside, a lighthouse, and a stunning white sand beach. we snorkeled along a coral reef a mile in length and saw stingrays and starfishes!



in belize had a brief tour of historical belize city and then went inland towards the belizean jungle and mayan caves. we walked, crawled, rappeled, ziplined and swung in the caves; we got wet and muddy and very sweaty; we saw bats; we learned the about the mayans.



it was nice to go away with my family. both my sister and I were happy to be able to “see each other for ten days straight!” (I had dinner with them the few days leading up to the cruise as well). we played lots of board and card games together. my mum is such great entertainment during games. “mum, why did you put ‘violins’ down for ‘deadly’??” (during a game of apples to apples) “oh… I thought it said violent”. her reasoning behind her choices are ever so logical, but her english is definitely not to par.

if you need a short getaway, I definitely recommend cruising. value for price is awesome; there’s a truckload of things to do on board and off; and service is impeccable!

if you want to see more pictures, I posted some additional ones on my flickr.

1 comment:

J. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yay for another Toronto blogger!
Next time you have a Pina Colada try substituting amaretto for the rum. The perfect summer drink, seriously.
You take beatiful pictures!