last weekend of the summer



the weekend was good. but aren't all weekends good? always good. and always busy.

friday, we travelled to mississauga and celebrated vicki's birthday. it was nice to see some friends from highschool who I haven't seen since... highschool. saturday we stumbled upon queen's west art crawl and by Clafouti for a treat. I always stop by when in the area. sunday I went out with a bunch of girlfriends for fondue at the beer bistro. the fondue was a slight dissapppointment: too cheesy, not warm enough, bread kinda stale, but the mussels and company were very nice. then I ended the weekend with some banana bread (which is seriously the only thing I can bake) and a game of scrabble. I lost, by 3 points on the last round. @$%#$%@#$$. but I am learning to control the aperture on my camera.



banana bread recipe

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup of butter
somewhere in between 1/2 to 3/4 cups sugar
2 eggs, beaten
3 to 5 of rotting bananas (depending on what you have on hand)
dash of salt
splash of vanilla extract
all the cinammon to your delight
a little bit of nutmeg

in a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. in a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture. pour batter into loaf pan and bake at 375C for 50 minutes.

No comments: