a coworker was describing her vacation plans: two weeks in Idaho, where she’s from, doing all these outdoorsy activities like strawberry picking and swimming in a lake and not be in front of the TV or computer (according to her, many places in Idaho does not have tv and internet and cell phone reception). I’m not much (if any) of a non-city person but she painted such a fun, relaxing picture that I longed be in the quiet country side of idaho as well. I am willing to trade my cruise vacation next month for a week in the middle of nowhere doing outdoorsy stuff… almost.
my coworker is also volunteering to be a camp counselor at an overnight camp. you know, a camp with cabins and a mess hall and s’mores and hiking and archery and horseback riding. I never had the opportunity to go to overnight camp; “too dangerous” according to my overprotective city-bred indoor folks. I had to live vicariously through fictional characters in books and movies and only had the luxury of experiencing overnight camp through summer brochures.
No comments:
Post a Comment