TGIF

I am in a funk and feeling a little overwhelmed— the winter bluesssssss… do you ever feel that way, dear friends?

I have developed a love/hate relationship with work. while I feel like I am entering a good place career wise, it does stress me so… I haven’t had a breakdown since october (as if this is something to be proud of), but was on the verge of one last week. in the office, we joke about mental health rehabilitation and compare stress ailments like canker sores, cold sores and twitchy eyes.

it’s so difficult for me to find time to create. I am so envious of kelly and her crafters’ getaway weekend. how I would love for even just a day to do nothing but sit in my “studio” and make things.

but I do find time for tv. in my defense, it’s much easier to work and watch tv than to work and craft in the evenings. my new favourite show is community, and I can’t wait for murdoch mysteries to come back. murdoch mysteries is set in toronto during the late 1800s. totally awesome.

have you watched young victoria. daniel and I watched a few months ago. I think I made three comments during the movie and didn’t fall asleep. daniel gauges how much I like a movie by my capacity stay quiet and awake. guess how young victoria fares in my books.

I’m currently reading tears of pearl. judging from the sypnosis on the back cover, it should be a great novel: feminism, murder, victorian times, travel and the protagonist shares a first name with yours truly.

last week daniel and I had dinner at etenoca sociale. I highly recommend it. “nonna’s special” (the tasting menu) is great value and the braised oxtail is delicious!. some people on yelp complained about the portion sizes, but we found portion sizes to be very generous; we left with that “I’m too full, I feel sick” feeling and a doggy bag.

I’ve been obsessed with butacini all'amatriciana since entenoca sociale. it’s my current go-to dish. I make it with pancetta rather than the traditional guciancole. where can I get guciancole?

my current go-to wine is norman hardies county pinot noir (anyone going to PEC and can pick me up a few bottles?). daniel choice of wine is reisling.

I want a puppy. I am trying to convince daniel to get me one for my birthday in june. see some puppy love here.

anyone going skking soon? this tilt-shift video of whistler makes me reminiscent of my trip to BC just a mere month ago.

I can't stop watching this video by kinga burza for kate spade. love the muted colours, but everything about it puts a smile to my face.

lastly, aren't these silk scarves, a reflection of the sky, just amazingly beautiful? I want one almost as badly as I want a puppy.

so I'm heading home and starting my weekend. what are you plans for the next couple of days? we'll be busy busy. in additional to work (yes, I have to work this weekend ): ), we have chinese new year and super bowl parties to attend. plus, my sister is coming over tonight and I intend on taking her to the new izakaya down the street- they serve this delicious pork belly. yum!
 
have a great weekend, dear friends!

1 comment:

kelly said...

I've missed you, my sweet! Thanks for such a jam packed blog post. I feel sad for your slump, but happy for your weekend of family, food, and friends. If you would like a vessel to carry you away from the blah, let's plan a crafty date! [big hug]