zippin' through whistler


we spent a couple days to whistler because a trip to vancouver just wouldn’t be complete, right? whistler is about two hours away from vancouver and the route there is this beautiful scenic one along the coast with a panoramic view of the mountains. gorgeous.
the day we arrived we spent the afternoon ziplining through the whistler rainforest. it was such a fun and exhilarating and educational activity—we learned much about whistler’s mandate on sustainability and the rainforest itself. the views between each treetop point was absolutely breathtaking; while sitting in my harness, suspended 1000 ft aboveground, I was in complete awe of my surroundings. beautiful B.C, indeed.

we stayed at a hotel in squamish, a town 40 minutes away the mountains. our accomodation was a two bedroom suite which we shared with collin and co. there was a full functioning kitchen which collin used to cook us a steak dinner. it was a cozy evening in.


the second day at whistler started off with a hearty breakfast, once again made by collin. aferwards, the group went boarding/skiing while I spent some time alone. having done both before and taking no pleasure in the sports, I spent the day doing things decidedly more pleasant. I wandered whistler village, did some shopping and reading, and received some pampering and R&R at the spa. daniel had a blast out on the slopes and I the best massage I’ve ever received. I tried to convince the RMT to move to toronto.


whistler was great fun. I would like to go back in warmer weather one day and enjoy non-snow activities the mountain offers.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great pics! looks like tons of fun. We did the zipline back in the summer. so much fun (and I agree: very educational). it's so great to see the same views but in the winter. even though I got more than enough snow on our trip, too...