the first couple of days we were in vancouver, the city was encased in fog and drizzle. but the sun eventually came out and the mist cleared to reveal a city of glass towers against snow-capped mountain against the bluest of skies. quite beautiful.
we travelled with some friends and rented a two bedroom apartment through airbnb. the apartment was awesome, located between a TNT and costco, beside a skytrain (vancouver’s subway equivalent), and less than a half hour walk downtown. being a corner unit, the apartment offered amazing panoramic views of the city, mountains and harbor.
we spent the majority of our time in vancouver eating and shopping. vancouver boasts of tons of amazing restaurants and vibrant and fun local independent shops. we went home with heavier bodies and luggage.
Where to shop: explore the different neighbourhoods and shops (gastown has the most incredible shops, and a couple of my favourite design and consignment stores (baker’s dozen, regional assembly of text) were found on Main St); peek into artists’ studios and then buy their goods on Granville island, also visit the public market for rows and rows of food stalls; rent bikes and ride around the beautiful Stanley park.
Where to eat: see here

2 comments:
Looks like you had a great time emily! loving that you chose a pink bike - how fitting :)
I bought a birthday card from a clothes store last week and when I flipped to the back, it said "Regional Assembly of Text". I thought, now THAT's a wicked cool name(!) so I googled them and was so psyched to find out they're in Vancouver. Too bad I won't make it to their monthly letter writing meet-up. The brand looks so fun!
Post a Comment