would you like to know a secret? lately, I’ve been think about babies— a lot…God has put this desire in me to be a mother. it’s a result of being married to the best man alive, my beautifulfunawesome mum and my relationship with her, and watching one too many episodes of Jon and Kate Plus Eight. today, despite my heavy workload, baby bumps and nursery décor ideas are in the forefront. perhaps I’m ovulating or something‘cause I really have a bad case of baby fever. Paul from HR brought in his year-old son Kai for show-and-tell. Kai has a beautiful mop of fine strawberry-blond hair. I had to wipe drool from my mouth- yes, partially from wanting that beautiful hair but mainly because how much I desire a babe of my own.
…but don’t get me wrong, as much as I yearn to be a “young mum”, there are other things I want- or rather, believe I am to accomplish- before becoming a mother, "see the world" and obtain my professional designation. unless God gives me a baby despite the proactive measures to not get pregnant, there won’t be one on its for way for at least a couple of years...


2 comments:
okay.
not going to lie..this post got me REALLY excited.
i'm dying to be an aunty!!! i've already decided that your children will call me their FAVOURITEST aunty.
done deal!
Post a Comment