(photos taken from Panda Mode Aki on flickr and are not a representation of what we tasted, but of rosewater supper club's food)
last week daniel and I headed to our venue for some food tasting. dinner for the wedding is a three-course meal. first course is a soup, which is perfect for a cool early autumn evening. the soup we sampled, however, was not very liked- not because it wasn't tasty, but because we had a relapse and asked to sample a tomato soup, something neither of us are too keen on. we're changing that the wedding. the the main course is chicken breast- yes, cliché boring banquet food. I was skeptical, but it’s soooooooooo good and I am feeling loads guilty for doubting the quality of food at the rosewater. the chicken was so moist and delicious and the goat cheese stuffed in it was complimentary in taste and not overpowering at all. the sides are bac choy, which I think my crazy and ultra chinese grandmother will eat, and the most amazing mushroom risotto, which I thought would be nice instead of the usual potato side. I could not stop eating the risotto.
the dessert, a lindt chocolate and raspberry tower, was the best part. each bite was such bliss and if I had known yummy it would be, I would have ate less of the chicken so I could finish the entire dessert. That was another great thing about the meal: I had half of it and was completely stuffed. prior to the tasting, I was also skeptical about food portions- we’d eaten there before and portions were small for what we paid- but again, it wasn’t something I needed to worry about. food portions were filling.



No comments:
Post a Comment