china for the chinese

with my bridal shower coming up, I decided to register. I had two registering experiences last week. First one was at The Bay, and boy, was that a disappointment. Perhaps it was the limited selection of items at that particular Bay because I found absolutely nothing I wanted



But then, during the weekend, I went to the William Ashley on Bay and Bloor and boy, it was such great fun. Daniel and I wandered through rooms and rooms of the most beautiful china. Everything was so sparkly and organized, and displayed ever so-prettily. service was excellent and we got to sample these scrumptious champagne-filled truffles and received a pair of champagne flutes as a registering gift. everything was so perfect and beautiful that we let ourselves be conned into registering for a $200 per 5-piece-set silver flatware. We really believed we would throw these fabulous formal dinners that would require the most fabulous set of shiny fork and knives. However, when we arrived home, away from all those beautiful shiny things, and remembered that we’re Chinese and use chopsticks; we deleted the silver Sambonet set off the registry and replaced it with (the relatively more affordable) stainless steel version.

We registered for Royal Doulton’s Dentelle (by Monique Lhuillier) for our formal china set. I literally fell in love with the pattern at first sight a couple months ago, and, even after rooms and rooms of other beautiful china patterns at William Ashley, Dentelle is still my favourite. The pattern is inspired by French lace and has this delicate classic air about it; it’s just so pretty. The china is pricey for our standards, but since I can’t wear a Monique Lhuillier wedding dress, the next best thing is to have one of her designs graze my kitchen table.



Our casual china is the cute and playful Aynsley’s Daisy Chain. someone already bought us a set! I can't wait till I eat from it. food might not taste better on a pretty plate, but the pretty plate does make me that much happier.

No comments: