design process - the motif

after Daniel vetoing my 1870s victorian wedding, 1910’s art nouveau masquerade wedding, 1920’s flapper’s wedding, and 1930s hollywood glamour wedding, we agreed there should be no wedding theme. but I really wanted a hint of a victorian-esque feel to the wedding (even if so faint a hint that only I am aware of it). I gravitate towards lace in fashion and filigree patterns in stationary. Both our ceremony and reception venue are dated back to the late 1800s (though Rosewater is definitely not Victorian architecture). so, I scoured the internet for victorian filigree patterns. some were too complicated to reproduce with no graphic design experience; some were too difficult to incorporate in our all our stationary suites and some were just ugly. but then, etsy came to the rescue- and we came across a metal filigree finding which was easy enough to reproduce and could be purchase for wedding jewelery tinkering.

we tweaked and refined the filigree pattern based on visual aesthetics and inspirations from other findings I purchased from etsy… and then our wedding motif came to be.

No comments: