modeling dreams bursted



(a engagement shoot by lifeimages- for more, click here)


Yesterday Daniel and I had our engagement photography session and it was funnnnn... as well as totally ackward, uncomfortable, unnatural. posing in front of a camera is hard work! not smiling in front of a camera is hard work! being emily and daniel in front of the camera is hard work! public displays of affection in front of camera is hard work! (I think you get the point)


butttt.... it was funnnnnnn. Alex (husband half of lifeimages) was easy going and put us in as much ease as possible. Generally, I'm a control freak and I like things a certain way, but I completely trusted Alex to take beautiful photos of beautiful things. Aside from telling him how I wanted unconventional fun pictures, I let him run the show... and he exhibited such talent and passion! He has this sixth sense for finding good natural lighting as well as interesting surroundings for pictures and creative poses. Every now and then he would allow Daniel and I to take a peek at the photos and boy, they're pretty wickedcoolinsertmorepositiveadjectiveshere. Can't wait to see them!

The engagement shoot was such great opportunity to get to know our photographers. Alex and Tiff are quite an inspiring pair. They married young, travelled around the world for a year, found their passion and aspiration, took proactive measure to achieve their goals. now they have a great thriving business and even bigger dreams and two adorable kids and lots of photos to show (check out their new blog).


that's something Daniel and I are working towards... no, not the photography route, but we do have heads full of great fancies and ambitions. some clear and crisp, most still fuzzy and undefined, all to be conduits of God's beauty and love. dreams all evolving as life experiences come by (and depending on mood- yesterday I did want to be a photographer!). t'is an exciting time...

2 comments:

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

i can't wait to see your pics! i'm sure you did fine. it is awkward but this is good practice for the big day!

afro-chick said...

yay! i am looking fwd to seeing some of these picsaarrsss!! (: