there’s a little navy Vera Wang number reclining on my desk; an overnight back filled with feminine products (i.e. lots of make-up); and a very restless girl counting the hours to the weekend. (Productivity of this girl is close to zilch every Friday afternoon.)

this is the weekend of the many weddings. three, to be exact. the first one, in Toronto, is my dear previously- mentioned-friend Winnie’s. Wins will be pleased to see the lovely pimple at the tip of this bridesmaid’s nose. If it snows (and knock on wood that it doesn’t), I can guide the bridal processional to the altar and go down in history.

Sunday Daniel and I head to Kingston for Etienne and Rachael’s ceremony and then to Ottawa for Kandice and Cris’s reception. Alicia from work thinks there should be a movie made about a weekend of many weddings. Maybe… if the wedding count went up to 27 for dramatic effect.

And then on Tuesday, I will be leaving my cushy Toronto office and flying off to Fort McMurray, Alberta to do work that sounds dreadfully boring and hard (i.e. 12 hours a day at a water treatment plant). Not exactly Miss. I-won’t-wear-anything-less-than-three-inches-of-heels-to-work-even-though-no-one-sees-my-shoes-and-I-want-to-amputate-my-feet-by-the-end-of-the-day-because-it-hurts-so-much-but-beauty-is-worth-it’s kinda work place, but I am kinda excited. At the risk of sounding like a geek, working at a water treatment plant is a much coveted opportunity to gain a broader range of technical experience. Why, I can finally be that well-rounded consultant I’ve always dreamed of!

The assignment is temporary, a mere month, but a month nonetheless. While it is wise move for my career, it might not be so for my wedding planning. I’m relenting control and handing over my sceptre to Daniel.

3 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Ooh, have a blast! Can't wait for a recap

Boris' Dad said...

in defense of men everywhere, i think daniel will do a *GRAND* job of holding onto the sceptre until your return. bon voyage! by the way, the duck confit at le select was DIVINE.

Anonymous said...

i wanna see picsars of the many weddings!!