purple! gold! and pink?!

pink is my favourite colour. I gravitate towards it in clothing, décor, and even food. The love for this colour may be a genetic thing. At the site of pink things, my mum steers towards it. Once, while grocery shopping she saw a pink spatula and really really wanted it. My sister, though her own room has pink this-and-that, was jealous of my room because it was even more pink than hers. Laura owns and abundant of pink accessories. Little cousin in HK only wears pink.

But as much as I want pink, I don’t want a pink wedding. Pastel pinks can be bit too girlie and sweet. Hot pinks and fushias are too modern and flashy. our wedding colours have long decided to be dark, rich shades of purple- eggplant, grape, plum, fig, aubergine- accented with champagne gold. but I really like pink! ! How, oh how, should I incorporate my favourite colour in the wedding palette?


Above is a collage of pictures I put together of what I want the wedding the aesthetics of the wedding to be. There are hints of Daniel, hints of me and hints of pink! Does it work?

3 comments:

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

it totally works and i love it. pinks, purples, and golds can work well together - just keep the pinks muted so that it doesn't overpower.

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Beautiful. I'm going to send one of my brides to check out your blog--she has very similar colors!

jessica lynn said...

i love it! thats my color scheme too!!