let me recount the bridesmaids’ dress shopping escapades thus far. last weekend Laura and my sister visited every store at Yorkdale in search of bridesmaid dress potentials. we found none. The pretty purple silk dress at BR was not very pretty on the girls and, yes, too short on Laura’s long legs. Then, along with Jamie, we went to Ritche where the girls tried on a couple of Dessy dresses. those dresses induced little reaction. No giggling, no excitement, no big desire to leave the dress one and stare at the mirror. the day ended with my sister telling me she didn't like the dresses they tried on and that they didn't look all that great on them (bless her soul, that honest child!). this past Saturday, we went to White Toronto for this bridesmaid’s promotional event and it was a very productive dress hunt trip.
now let me tell you a little bit about my criterias for the girls' dresses: something shorter than floor lengthsomething flattering, something reflective of their personalities, something they'll be comfortable with wearing an entire day, something they would want to wear again, something in a rich purple. I found all those qualifications with Thread. my first encounter with Thread was a glimpse of this Instyle picture:

I found on it somewhere on the Internet, fell in love with the concept of different styles of dresses, fell in love with every single dress in the picture, saved the picture on my (work, dad’s, sister’s, own, daniel’s) computer (for easy access at all times), printed it from my computer, stared at it (lots), wondered where the dresses were from, scoured the Internet for the designer/brand, was sad because all my searches were unsuccessful... but then, while clicking away one day, I found them on Thread! (it was a happy day)
The girls only tried on Thread dresses at White Toronto (little manipulation on my part, I promise!) and they looked fabulous! They found dresses we all l-o-v-e and it was very heartwarming moment for me when I saw them standing there, one by one, in the Thread dresses.
we have one more boutique to hit: Vera Wang! then we'll be done with the dress search and can move on to the dress purchase. very excited.
now let me tell you a little bit about my criterias for the girls' dresses: something shorter than floor lengthsomething flattering, something reflective of their personalities, something they'll be comfortable with wearing an entire day, something they would want to wear again, something in a rich purple. I found all those qualifications with Thread. my first encounter with Thread was a glimpse of this Instyle picture:

I found on it somewhere on the Internet, fell in love with the concept of different styles of dresses, fell in love with every single dress in the picture, saved the picture on my (work, dad’s, sister’s, own, daniel’s) computer (for easy access at all times), printed it from my computer, stared at it (lots), wondered where the dresses were from, scoured the Internet for the designer/brand, was sad because all my searches were unsuccessful... but then, while clicking away one day, I found them on Thread! (it was a happy day)
The girls only tried on Thread dresses at White Toronto (little manipulation on my part, I promise!) and they looked fabulous! They found dresses we all l-o-v-e and it was very heartwarming moment for me when I saw them standing there, one by one, in the Thread dresses.
we have one more boutique to hit: Vera Wang! then we'll be done with the dress search and can move on to the dress purchase. very excited.

2 comments:
did the girls finally find dresses?!! i was at a dress place myself today and tried on this delicious purple dress with champagne lining on the inside. i
fell in love with it..but for the life of me could not buying a dress that i won't wear the entire time i am here. but i would look STUNNIN in it. it is wedding worthy. *sigh* so i settled for all sorts of purpley/champagney stationery instead.
ps: i MISS YOU.
the girls have dress contenders... I can't choose! they're all so beautiful!
ooh. send me some purpley/champagney stationary?
Post a Comment