tea time and cocktail hour

bright orange with booger green polka dots- that's the description of a bridesmaid dress I threatened to put laura in. with puffed sleeves if I was in a sour mood. but of course I am too good (and vain) to put my dear bridesmaids in something ugly.

the girls and I have been considering tea-length or cocktail dresses (the difference between the two being tea-length dresses fall around mid-calf and cocktail dresses end right below the knee). because these dresses tend to be less formal, the girls can wear it again by dressing it up or down; pair the dress with a brooch, flower or sash. one dress + different accessories = infinite outfits.

there’s a great selection out there for dresses with the shorter hemline. my favourites are below:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i like 2 and 3 (top row).

Not that big of a fan of bared shoulders ;P

then again, it's your wedding! >.<

emahlee said...

I love 2 as well. it's very vivien leigh and hollywood glamour.

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog and I like what I see. (Maybe because we seem to have tastes:
http://glamourthis.wordpress.com/2007/08/30/tea-and-cocktail-please/

Im from Montreal and you Toronto... Hurray for Canadian blogs!!!