(left to right: the Emily from Vineyard for Priscilla of Boston and style 2952 from Priscilla of Boston- the latter had the cutest little bow on the train; my sister loved that and said she would want her wedding dress like that)
I was surprised at how beautiful wedding dresses are when on an actual person. photographs don't capture the beauty of the fabric or the little details, like the lace pattern or the cutest little bow on the tail. on the rack, the dress appears to be frumpy and shapeless because of the overwhelming amount of fabric. but on a real live body, the dress comes alive; there is movement and character. it even transforms the girl wearing it, giving her a little bit more grace and elegance. all the dresses I tried on emphasized my waist and gave me curves- I had hips! wedding dresses are magical... seriously.
there was this one dress I loved and was a hair away from purchasing. It was a Priscilla of Boston dress made from silk razmir (I have no idea what silk razmir is, but perhaps you do?). it had this long gorgeous train and I loved how it draped 'round me. laur placed a veil on my head and I felt like such a bride! I wished daniel had been there to see me.
the dress was lovely and I loved it, but it was not the dress... because of the hefty price. even with the generous discount, the dress is still a few hundred dollars more than budget allows. and that's not even including alterations (which would include ) and cleaning.
a piece of advice: don't go to a sample sale for your first dress shopping experience; you will be pressured into buying something because the discounted prices are really amazing. I was seriously considering buying the dress. I had Laura's cell phone in hand, Daniel's number dialed, a speech (mentally) prepared to convince daniel that a designer dress really is necessary. but a moment of sensibility stopped me and I rushed out of the store before I changed my mind again.
wish I could wear a wedding dress all the time. it would make even the dullest days (such as this grey monday) glamorous. but I'd probably stand in front of a mirror too much and start speaking to it. mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all? if I were beautiful but crazily vain to the point of being wicked, would you still love me, daniel?

3 comments:
what you need is to wear a wedding dress all the time, put on a sparkly tiara, and them funky white gloves...
and then ppl can think you're crazy...
i hope you're documenting such fun events with loads of photos!!
i know you'll make a breathtaking bride. oooh wheee, i'm so thrilled and excited (:
no paul, people would think me beautiful =p I would luv them funky white gloves... very audrey heburn. such great fashion tips, coming from you.
no photos of me at the bridal shop but I'll see what I can do next time, abans!
Post a Comment