this is what I do at work:



I audit waste facilities for a client. I go around southern Ontario, visiting these facilities that belong to industries I didn’t know existed. I conduct interview, asking lots of questions about things I know little about. I carry a clipboard and wear a hardhat which makes me appear to know more than I really know. I meet lots of different men because the demographics of the places I visit are 40-50 year old men (gender equality will not exist until women are willing to work in such environments). I listen to many passionate lecture-like talks about recycling/reusing (of tires, steel, drums, animal parts, foam- you name it) and pipe in with an opinion on Triple Bottom Line Reporting. Then, I go to my client with my audit findings and give recommendations. I like to believe that I have the power to influence the client’s decision.

No comments: