the new house


Despite the pleading and the whining, the parents decided against the much-coveted house on yonge/eglington and opted for one north of the city. so what if the yonge/eglington house is over a million dollars? it is ever so charming and near all the shops and bakeries (my heart’s delight).

New House Pro/Con List

Cons
  • In Markham (yuck! I hate markham)
  • On Elgin Mills (so far north!!)
  • Surrounded by too many Chinese people
  • Not built yet (occupancy date is June 2008)
  • Forty minute drive from most of my friends
  • In a developing area with no (good) stores/malls near by
Pros
  • Fifteen minutes from Laura’s (yeah! I like Laura)
  • Closer to work
  • Closer to area with a bigger selection of food

Since we’re moving out at the end of this summer and not moving in till next summer, we’ll be renting for the year. My parents asked for me to cram sewingmachineribboncollectionbookcollectionacrylicpaintswatercolourscanvasesbeadssewingsupplies(breathe)craftingsuppliesknittingsuppliesstampsboxesofpaperboxesofmagazinesboxesofcollagingsuppliesclothesshoes in a teeny tiny condo half the size of my current home. How do you get an elephant into a Volkswagen Beetle?


I will reside at new house temporarily until the boyfriend buys me a little million-dollar Edwardian (or Georgian- I’m not picky) abode in the city.

No comments: