

it has been a slow crafty week. I have learnt nothing new, found nothing interesting online and accomplished very little. however, I did spend lots of time with family. saturday was the big reunion where over ninety percent of family were present. daniel was also there; after enduring small talk with countless uncles and aunties, watching us bicker and fight and playing with the brats, "he's our people" (as auntie sarah puts it). it's rare for so many of us to be in once place all at once.
there's fifteen cousins in all (on mum's side). bonnie is the oldest at 26 and getting married and moving to Belgium in december. richard is her brother, my age and the first of us to marry. Laura is my best friend and 8 months older than I am. Eric is her brother, 20 years old and my brother's best friend. Ginny and Jessie are the sisters who live in London, Ontario and are 19 and 16 respectively. Jonathan and Matthew are siblings and are 17 and 15 respectively. Then there's sonia and trisha, the bratty ones, and Kevin and Vanace, the liddle ones from Hong Kong. My brother, my sister and I fit in between all of them somewhere, age 18, 13 and 22, respectively. Because of our great age range, we don't all play together, but it is also rowdy when we get together.
...but the fun and warm and fuzzies has ended. uncle ken and his family left for HK yester night and it was quite sad. I have grown quite fond of his two children. Kevin became quite a menance and though it was extremely exhausting chasing him around, it was also entertaining watching him con my mum into buying him food every corner we turned and reaping havoc at the mall with his stroller. Vanace, like every single female on my mum's side- whether it's mum, aunt, cousin, sister, wife of uncle or myself has a thing for shoes and purses. She would always slip her liddle feet in any shoe lying around or attempt to carry purses twice her size. I wish she could grow up here so I could teach her to walk in stilettos and introduce her to Vogue.

No comments:
Post a Comment