hello. I'm taking a little break from the travel posts to update you what's been going on since we've been back... is it too late to blog about the long weekend? I mean, it is now the weekend after... but last weekend was just so marvelous, I'll do it anyway. the Canada's day weekend was a rare one where we had absolutely no plans and did things on the whim. We were productive and accomplished a lot at a leisurely and relaxing pace.
We spent Friday working on some house projects; Daniel put up some shelves and purged the condo of useless items while I organized my craft supplies. I wrote letters/cards and stamped them send. I even did some cooking. For dinner we had a special Canada’s Day meal, the epitomy of a summer’s day’s meal: bbq fish and meat, lots of fresh tomatoes, herbs and fruit. Then some friends came by to watch the fireworks from Mel Lastman Square and plan many rounds of Dominion. We did more on that Friday than what we would do in an entire weekend.Saturday we slept in, hung out at with my sister at the Distillery District, picked strawberries, ate dinner with my family, and even squeezed in some sewing. Sunday we spent the afternoon making jam and beouf bourguignon and spaghetti, enough food to last us the week. Then I had one Caesars too many (okay, it was one heavy on the vodka) and fell asleep at before the sunset.
Now it's Friday again! We're headed to a bbq at a friends and then to Scott's Barn; it's the lavender festival this weekend and I'm excited to bring back some flowers to make some scented satchels. What are you up to this weekend?



1 comment:
Never too late to post! (I do it aall the time ;) I love when a weekend turns out to be so productive! food looks delish!!!!
Post a Comment