while rummaging through boxes of books still in storage, I found an old journal, maintained during the period between my last days of highschool and starting university. I was an 18 year old girl desiring to find love and have a magical first kiss, planning on going to the opera to be “cultured and worldly”, and lamenting about lack of funds to buy all the clothes I want. on my 18th birthday, I listed all my favourite things:
food: chicken wings, ice cream, shrimp
tv show: gilmore girls
movie: moulin rouge and sound of music
musician: our lady peace
my 18year old self is forever preserved on paper, immortal and eternal. that is the beauty of journaling.
in comparison, my current self isn’t too different. found love and had that magical first kiss, but more or less the same girl: still working on the being “cultured and wordly”; want/need more clothes and shoes. still love chicken wings, ice cream and shrimp.
but I feel old... and wiser (ha!). I turned twenty-six three weeks ago. I didn’t like turning twenty-six, but I do love birthdays, especially mine. in the next few posts, I’ll share with you how I celebrated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment