date night: macarons recap

did anyone read the article in the star about macarons?


I had my first encounter with the macaron in paris. we were in the food hall of les printemps when I passed by a store in the prettiest pastels and a display of round plump cookies in every colour imaginable— we had inadvertently stumbled upon the famed laduree. we bought a half dozen of assorted flavours to try and each bite was a burst of heavently goodness, both airy and crispy and jam pack full of flavor goodness.


we spent a good amount of money on macarons because I had to have one each time one caught my eye in a bakery—whether it be laduree or some small local one. and then, before leaving paris, we stuffed our packs with boxes of ‘em to give as souvenirs for our family.



anyway, on our latest date, we sat on the patio of la bamboche, read the paper, and nibbled on macarons and cake. la bamboche’s macarons are a dream… I actually dreamt about them last night... easter egg hunt with macarons instead of eggs… the dream ended with me being really jealous of vicki because she was on the way to la bamboche…

I’m going to throw a girlie pastel-y macaron party when I’m back from italy.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

i stumbled across your blog about over a year ago when i was looking for a wedding photographer (i think i found you through lifeimages or vice versa)... and i've been stalking your blog ever since... but in a good way, i promise! :)

anyway, just thought i'd finally pop in and say hi.

p.s. i have a major craving for macarons now and i nearly bought that same clutch at anthropologie!

Vicki said...

LOL =p

i actually did read the article in the star and thought of you!!! like seriously ;)

i really want to have a macaron now =p

Emily said...

hello ellesy - thanks for your comment! and I don't mind the blog stalking (: did you use lifeimages for any of your photographing needs?

vicks, you'll just have to come to my macaron party!

Lesley said...

we ended up going with another photographer but still love lifeimages' work! i'm definitely a regular on their blog as well. :)