the workroom

hello fifth of march! I am loving the sunshine that you brought along. please don’t be a temperamental month this year, and do continue to shower me with warmth and much needed vitamin d.

can you even believe it’s march already? actually, five days into march??? I have this list of things-to-do, compiled back in january, and I still haven’t touched a single item on it! I blame it on the closet renovation, the olympics, and the michigan project. but even with those wrapped up, the regular schedule of learning to sew, other arts and crafts and getting to my to-do list is on hiatus as daniel and I work on the new house-related project: turning the second bedroom (though more commonly known as storage space) into a workroom.

currently the second bedroom is in a state of complete dissarray:


but eventually, it is to look (something) like this:

(note, the colours in the illustration are not true representation- I only had four crayons; note, drawing is unfortuntaely not to scale).


the proposed plan is:

north wall table: ikea pragel countertop resting on an ikea alex and ikea expedit units
east wall table: to be determined
closet-turned-bookshelf: closet shelving units from storage solutions
storage unit: white side table with drawer found outside the condo

daniel has been working on the north wall desk. he had to cut the countertop to size to fit and make legs for the alex unit because its a few inches shorter than the expedit. all that remains is painting the alex legs so its white like the rest of the desk. the east wall desk comes next week (I hope) and then it’ll be a lot of organizing and finding a place for all our things. does anyone know where I can get paper trays and thread spool racks?

No comments: