though I mentioned italy eons ago, we still haven’t gone yet. the trip is coming up at the end of april and it was only last week that we bought airline tickets. we will be spending four days in rome prior to the painting workshop in tuscany! my nose has been buried in travel books and websites. how to decide what to see in a mere four days? I am determined to ride a scooter around the city and maybe get a haircut. we'll eat gelato at san crispino and pasta at da alfredo e ada (highly recommended by many of my online resources). so excited! any suggestions and tips from people who’ve travelled to the eternal city. please do share!
we have an eight hour layover in amsterdam between toronto and rome . I was thinking of visiting anne frank’s house as well as taking a stroll along the canals. anything else I can fit into a four time period?


2 comments:
san crispino is great. also, having gelato anywhere is pretty much amazing.
i agree with pheebs. roam around villa borghese.
check out the coliseum, and just eat LOADS of fresh bruschetta!
I know! I wish I had another couple of days and ANOTHER few in Florence, but four nights is the most affordable in terms of moola and vacation days. oh, and the statuary museum at villa borghese is on my list! I was wavering between going or not, but after your rave, I'm definetely going.
Post a Comment