date night: sushi & movie



as part of my 101 in 1001, I am to have date night with daniel once a week for at least six months. for our first date, we decided on sushi and daniel was sweet to let me choose the restaurant, which inevitably meant somewhere nicer and more expensive than what he would have chosen (sushi bong). I have a list of sushi restaurants around the GTA that I want to try, but because we had a movie showing to make at fairview mall, I opted for le café michi, an old favourite of mine, because of its close proximity to the mall.







le cafe michi is a curious place, meaning it is a japanese restaurant run by japanese people but has a slight parisian air to it. a display of yummy looking cakes, along with a counter of bejeweled accessories and knick-knacks, greets patrons stepping into the restaurant; you can have some uni sushi and buy a beaded ring at the same time. there was no buying for us, just eating. yum yum yum. lots and lots of fresh yummy raw fish. albeit a tad pricey, café michi is a worthy once-in-a-while treat of melt-in-your-mouth goodness.

afterwards, we went to watch avatar, even though daniel had already seen it. I enjoyed it, not as much as he did and most certainly not enough to watch again on the big screen.

1 comment:

J. said...

Sushi Bong! Ha! I discovered that place not too long ago - soooo cheap and the rolls are massive! Maybe a bit too much rice, but fills the craving!

I'll have to try this place you're talking about. Often I find somewhere I like, but then it lets me down. I need a consistently good place to go to.