my plane to calgary was delayed a couple of hours. I sat there with a library copy of slyvia plath’s bell jar, flipping through the pages, and staring at the clock mounted above me. I followed the minute hand go around and around more than I read my book. I just wanted to get going and arrive in calgary, not because I was in a rush, but being in Calgary meant turning on skype and being able to chat with my husband. I had been separated from him for less than two hours and I all I wanted to do was hear his voice.
upon hearing his voice, when I finally arrived in calgary, I bursted into tears.
it’s silly, and maybe pathetic, but I have shed a many tears over having to leave for this trip. I do not like that I have to be apart from daniel. even if it’s just for two weeks. I think being married has made me more clingy and needy because I've never been this sad about being seperated before.
I had a big crying episode on thursday. about not seeing daniel for two weeks. and because I got ahead of myself and imagined having to be apart from him for months on end. my dad says I get my crying (actually, he calls it hysteria) genes from my mother who has demonstrated, on many occasions, hysteria, often dramaticizing the situation on hand. my dad likes to mimic mum’s wailing, even though it results in her sending him the most chilling glares. my sister and I laugh and laugh at his act until he turns his attention on me and imitates my sobbing. sometimes Daniel does that too, which I do not find all that nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hello emahlee! i've found my way back to your blog again! i do love your updates from married life at home & work & family. especially love the paper anniversary - the ESV study bible is a star & worth every ounce! hope you savour & enjoy His Word with it.
while you're away at the end of the world in canada, aka fort mcmurray, i thought i'd send you something to cheer you up - this lovely duo known as Pomplamoose. they have an entire collection of cute songs & covers on youtube that i know you'll love.
this song "little things" reminded me of you & daniel. enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hFT853OYfg
Post a Comment