where does the tradition of giving a paper gift for the first wedding anniversary originate from? I did a brief google search and nothing significant about the history popped up. anyone care to enlighten me?
we also purchased this absolutely gorgeous leather journal that's made in italy (it's so soft I want to rub it against my face). the journal is our... marriage-log, meant to be written in only once a year—near the anniversary— to document every year of marriage: what we did, how far we’ve come and our new hopes and dreams etc. I thought it would be a nice way to see how we grow through the years. I am big on sentiments and traditions like this.
to celebrate, we had dinner at a french restaurant called le montmartre (as a tribute to our stay in montmartre, paris during our honeymoon). the food was dee-licious. daniel ordered a rack of lamb; I don’t like lamb but kept on nibbling on daniel's (I could have eaten the entire plate). I had the tiger shrimp, which were the size of my fists and were unbelievably succulent and tasty, drenched in buttery, garlicky goodness. yum. I would definitely go there again.





1 comment:
i <3 you both.
that ESV bible is going to be sweet!!!!
happy readings (:
Post a Comment