on being domestic



about two weeks ago, daniel asked me to put away some laundry, mainly sheets and towels. about a week ago, I finally got around to touching it. I moved the pile onto the bed and fell asleep (somehow). the unfolded, un-put-away sheets ended up being pushed off onto the side of the bed no one ever ventures to. out of sight, out of mind... I think I'll finally put them away today.

daniel does about ninety-five percent of the housework around here. we call him domestic dan and there are days where he hwants nothing but to fight grime. I pitch in, of course; I clean the washroom every so often or sweep on occasion, but I never do laundry or wash dishes. don't want bleached clothes (which I managed to do to my clothes the rare couple of times I did do laundry during university) nor old woman hands.

No comments: