jersey boys
went to see Jersey Boys with Kary and Tracy on tuesday. going into the show I knew very very very little about the premise of the story and didn’t even know who the Four Seasons were... during the show I was surprised to discover that so many popular oldies (Sherry, Big Girls Don't Cry, Can't Take My Eyes Off of You) belonged to them; with a lot of older songs, I guess I just assumed they’ve always existed, thinking little of their beginnings and musicians. well, the show was good. I enjoyed it but didn’t get many of the cultural period references. by the laughter and guffaws around me, it appeared as the rest of the audience (many plumb and white-haired ladies) did; but then again, they actually existed then. tt was amusing seeing the many enthusiastic middle-aged women dancing and singing along; kary even saw some glow stick waving! I have to wonder, twenty years from now, when there is musical about n’sync, will my middle-aged friends and I go see it, bopping and singing along to "I Drive Myself Crazy"?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment