It’s 3:30pm on a Thursday and I’m home. I had a meeting at a client site earlier today and it was surprisingly and unexpectedly short. Instead of going back to my desk, I climbed the bus and went home instead. The weather is just so beautiful today that I couldn’t bear to be holed up in my sun-deprived cubicle. Upon arriving at home I meant to get some work done but, instead, went out for a walk in search for some of that Tim Horton’s free iced coffee. Now I’m back at a computer and… well, not being very productive.

(images source: sandra lane)

(images source: jose villa)

(images source: mycakies blog)

(images source: russell-life)
Most of them are children parties, but oh-so creative nonetheless. I can’t wait to throw parties for my own kids (and, by the way, my “baby fever” hasn’t subdued much since my last mention)! The first party makes my heart race; I love the bright punchy colours, the pink lacy table cloth, the simple but fun chair streamers, and— oh!—the sweet cupcakes and cookies!!
I’ve been in a great need to celebrate. Something. Anything. I turn 25 next month and Daniel is throwing me a birthday bash… I’ve given him a long list of requirements that he must meet. The list includes helium balloons, sno-cones, lobster dinner and three birthday cakes. At first I asked for 5 cakes, but given the economic situation, I’ve downsized to three.
Jamie’s bridal shower is this coming Saturday and I am scrambling to finish up all the little details. Stupid me waited till the last weekend to start. Why it was only last week that I sent out all the invitations! Poor Daniel has a long week of closing jump rings and cutting streamers in store for him. He helps me out a lot with my craft and party projects and a lot of the work should be accredited to him; he was the one who did the invitations on illustrator for Jamie’s parties.
I’ve mentioned before how differently we work. I am a distracted emotional scatterbrained who completes things in no apparent fashion; Daniel is methodical (sometime to an adsurdly boring degree). We’re like the design and the construction team on Restaurant Makeover. I come in with a million hundred different ideas and he’s Igor, having to tell me what’s feasible and actually doing the manual labour as I lament about how slow he works and how tired I am from this and that. But really, I need him.
I’m in a party mood today. I’ve mentioned party planning and oh happy day’s awesome rooftop party before and thought I’d share a few other inspiring ones:
Anyway, here’s a sneak peek of what I’ve been working on:


No comments:
Post a Comment