the perfect morning



despite waking up at an early 8:45AM, which is even earlier than the time I generally wake for work, this morning has been quite... perfect. the apartment is a blend of different smells, sounds and sights. I am sipping a warm cup of vanilla tea from paris and cooking homemade mushroom on the stove. breakfast has already been had: a cup of fresh fruits and a chinese pineapple bun- all purchased at the market/bakery this morning. my journal, Bible and the saturday paper is strewn all over the dining room table; I've had the leisure to peruse through all three in the last hour. there's construction going on outside, but I've drowned it out by blasting Emily Jane White from the stereo.

I had meant to clean this morning, but I think I'll just continue to drink tea and read the paper till Daniel comes back (from some course he has to take as a board director of our condo).

after such a great morning, I wonder what the rest of the day will bring...

---

*update*

the afternoon(/evening) included working on the saturday crosswords (oh, a great but usually neglected love of mine), taking a walk and meeting daniel at structube (our current favourite furniture store because of its close proximity to our home and this couch we're saving up for), having the mushroom soup for lunch, taking an unscheduled nap, going to missionfest in mississauga, having sushi at hinote (our ultimate favourite japanese restaurant- it's located in mississauga but has the best maki so going is always such a treat), browsing and coveting things at crate and barrel and watching grease back a home.

a lovely day filled with many simple pleasures.

No comments: