afternoon of being at my parents

I'm sitting in my parent's kitchen table, eating cake and sipping on some green tea. I've been jotting random thoughts in my journal and flipping through my sister's fashion magazines. she's watching gossip girl somewhere. my parents are bickering- as usual. my dad called my mum "honey-pig" (in Cantonese, which sounds a lot cuter than in English) which made her mad; she does not like his terms of endearment but it amuses everyone else. daniel is playing video games with my brother. I've barely seen my husband since we arrived at my parent's yesterday because he's been gaming... it's a great afternoon.


(picture via the blog oh happy day!)

I'm thinking of throwing a party... like this incredibly pretty rooftop party. so elegant- in an unpretensious way- and fresh. we're actually all heading to a party soon: my uncle's housewarming. I'm going to have my very own housewarming party in july or august (even though my by then, daniel and I would have lived there for almost a year). it's my goal to decorate the condo- on a budget- before then. we're getting new floors and baseboards next week. after floors, the next project is either wallpapering the closet or fixing up the second bedroom to be an office/studio space. daniel says he's going to build me a desk!

No comments: