the looooong weekend



I've been playing around with photoshop all weekend, trying to vintage-ize some of my pictures. I think I've got it...

saturday, daniel went snowboarding and I stayed home, cooking, beading and watching tv. sunday, daniel wasn't home so we stayed home; I did more cooking, beading and watching tv. the two days of staying in put me in a sour mood

but today, all was well and I finally ventured outside to enjoy the gorgeous warm long weekend weather. we went for brunch at kalendar, which I've been wanting to visit- as mentioned here. I did have the mango and banana stuffed french toast and it was as delicious as it sounded. I intend to bring my mum and sister there sometime soon.

in the evening my family came over... to eat dinner at our new dining room table! my mum, being ever so generous and caring as usual, gave us some extra spending money a little while ago and we spent it on a table. it arrived last wednesday. that means no more eating on the floor in front of our tv!

dinner food and company was pleasant. my parents bought over some steak and salmon fillets and I prepared a quite yummy- and very filling- dinner. we ate from our wedding china and I felt so grown-up. I like entertaining.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this post makes me happy.
you and daniel are very beautiful.
i am SO thankful that i have good looking friends.

emahlee said...

happy it makes you happy, abans (:

and, aren't you thankful that you are beautiful too? I am! haha.

pheebs: no, I haven't tried actions yet. I'm just starting to dabble with photoshop. I've read about it, but I haven't made any myself. are there free actions that I can download out in the world wide web?