happy birthday to me

let’s backtrack. my birthday was during my work stint in fort mcMurray. on the day of my birthday, I worked my usual 12 hours plus an extra two (due to reasons I no longer remember). my round-trip commute, a usual two and half hours, was four hours that day (also due to reasons I no longer remember). away from home, family and friends, I spent the remaining hours of that day crying to daniel over skype. it was, without a doubt, the worst birthday ever.


when I was finally home, I was rushed back into Toronto life without skipping a beat or taking a moment to breath. there were too many work projects and wedding things to tend to, and birthday festivities never happened. however, daniel did promise we would do something to commemorate my 24 years on earth… and so yesterday, we celebrated my june birthday doing Christmas-y things: there was a Christmas tree- an artificial one but our very first, ornament shopping on Yonge St. downtown, pressing our faces against the Christmas windows at the Bay on Queen and strolling along Christmas Street in the Bay. there was, of course, traditional birthday things as well: dinner, a card and present (the Christmas tree) and my favourite cake from my favourite bakery.

june 14th was probably the most horrible day of the year
this year, but december 2nd was the best decemeber 2nd in my 24 years.

and now, for some awesome Christmas window displays:


No comments: