black and white

life, as mentioned in a previous post, is passing by in a flurry, often affecting my moods. my emotions can be likened to a pendulum, swaying back and forth from worry to hope about daniel’s unemployment situation- yes, our little misfortunate event. we’ve been settling into our little home and dealing with family in between job hunting, all of which sometimes leaves me stressed and cranky. and then, this past sunday, my grandmother was admitted to the hospital after a sudden bout of her heart. the attack left her comatose with an estimated 48 hour death sentence over her- a sentence accurate and devastating. she passed away this morning. I am capable of dealing with her death- we were not close- but it is her fate after death which I am battling to grasp.

to me, life after death is heaven and hell. white and black. for my grandmother, a buddhist by name, an atheist by heart, darkness will inevitably befall her unless having accepted Christ before her last breathe... I believe that in the moments before her passing, the Lord, gracious and loving, spoke to her and gave her one last choice- but it is her decision I am uncertain of.

I am haunted by thoughts of her roaming eternity alone and without hope. I am needing to believe in the power of Christ to move and change people- even in the last moments of life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma.

I lost both of my Grandpas in the past year, and I am dealing with the same thoughts you are - I don't know for certain either of them ever accepted Christ. I continually pray that they had a moment before they passed away where they came to know the truth.

It reminds me how important it is to share my faith with the people around me who I know don't know the Lord. I don't know why that's so hard sometimes.

Jeffery Chan said...

I'm so sorry Em.

I will commit to praying for you and Dan. And if you know of other ways that I can help, please let me know.