(all pictures from dankse's flickr)

yesterday after work, I did nothing much but watch TV and paint my toenails and fix some old earrings. it was a near-perfect evening.

this past half year has been a non-stop go, go, go. I have been so preoccupied with my family’s move to Richmond Hill, the wedding, and more recently, Daniel’s game of musical homes that I forgot I have drawers full of beads, a sewing machine and many unfinished paintings. I kinda miss the brief stint of unemployment after graduation when there was time to arts&crafts, read books, curl up in bed and take long naps.

I am in want of a sabbatical.

I would go get coffee in the mornings and sip it at a leisurely rate while finishing up on these half read books (the three musketeers, essays by camilla paglia, amerian gods, and a biography of Queen Victoria). I would make healthy meals and snack on fresh fruits instead of chips from the vending machine. I would listen to entire albums of music while playing with my paints all afternoon. I would finish all these projects: daniel’s space PJs, Victorian jewelry research for anne-of-green-gables-inspired jewelry, Egypt trip (2006) scrapbook. I would watch old movies, like twelve angry men and his girl Friday and anything with Audrey Hepburn in it, while crafting. I could sleep early because I have accomplished so much during the day.

No comments: