the sad story of a man



daniel is 21 years old
he used to be homely and unfashionable
and then he met me
he graduated from chemical engineering in may
he got a part-time job with mexx a month ago
fashion consultant, they called him
he dealt with clothes everyday
and got quite a nice discount
I liked his discount, envied his title
but now he has traded his pretty black loafers
for ugly clunky steel toed boots
renounced his title
forfeited that discount
turned his back on all those potential outfits-for-the-girlfriend
just so he can be an engineer

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your collages are beginning to remind me of those (more representational) cubist works I've seen in art history class. :)

Boris' Dad said...

congrats to daniel!
but boo to no new clothes :(

emahlee said...

pheebs: you'll have to show/teach me of those (more representational) cubist works 'cause I have no idea what you mean (:

abans & geoff: yes! congrats to him!

Anonymous said...

I said "representational" in order to refer to the existance of recognizable things in your collage... Whereas non-representational art would be completely abstract, showing no indication of what you're trying to portray. :P

Cubist collages are generally non-represenatational (a la picasso and george braque) so thats why I had to insert the "more representational".

Pat said...

I suppose steel toed boots don't fit into your world of fashion do they? Daniel seemed really excited about it.