happy mail day

>

two fun items in the mail today: richard and claire's wedding invitation and a package from the kiddie book swap challenge! A Ms. Natana Gill sent me this great package with a homemade notebook, a tin can decorated with a character from the book, polymer clay flower magnets and the kiddie book Love Is A Special Way of Feeling by John Walsh Anglund. I love the book! It is written in rhythmic text and illustrated with beguiling illustrations and reading it leaves you with a sense of wonder and happy feelings.


The kiddie book I sent out was the Nancy Drew novel The Clue of the Black Keys. It's not my ultimate favourite childhood book but I do love Nancy Drew and I have read that particular one at least four times. It inspired me to create a detective kit which includes a magnify glass to find clues, a notebook for recording clues, prettily decorated bobby pins to pick locks, a pack of hot chocolate for days off from sleuthing and a lanyard/keychain to hold the black keys of the Nancy Drew book. It was a lot of fun making the different items of the kit. I hope the package is just as fun to receive.

No comments: